Last week, I shared results with the We R Memory Keepers Fine Tip Foil Quill, and this week I’m sharing my results with the Standard Tip Foil Quill. The results do vary a little bit, so if you’re thinking about purchasing or have purchased the standard tip, you’ll want to check this video out, too.
I tested the standard tip with exactly the same foils as with the fine tip, and testing includes heat transfer foils (like the Foil Quill brand foil) and adhesive / toner transfer foils (like the Minc & Deco Foil brand foils).
Overall, the results with the standard tip were very good with most of the foils (and excellent with some), but the wider tip does tend to give the lines a somewhat less crisp appearance than with the fine tip. The results with the Heidi Swapp Minc foil, in particular, weren’t nearly as good with the standard tip as with the fine tip. There was less variation between the results for the fine tip and standard tip with most of the other foils though, again, the wider tip does tend to give the lines in single line sketch style designs a less crisp appearance.
Check out the video below to see all of the test results, and keep scrolling in this post to see photos of all of the results.
Supplies Used in This Project
The following supply list contains affiliate links. I make a small commission if you purchase through these links, and I really appreciate it if you do!
– We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill, Standard Tip (Swing Design)
– We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill All in One Kit (Swing Design)
– Foil Quill Foil, Gold (I used the sample roll that comes in the All in One Kit)
– Spellbinders Glimmer Foil Variety Pack (I tested with the shiny gold foil from the pack)
– Recollections 65 lb. Cardstock, White (Michaels Brand)
– Recollections 65 lb. Cardstock, Black (Michaels Brand)
Photos of the Test Results with Different Foil Brands
Click any of the photos below to enlarge.