Pineapples, along with citrus fruits, are the hottest things around this summer, and today I’m sharing a video tutorial for making these fun, three dimensional paper pineapples that you can use to embellish everything from gift packages to garlands to tropical-themed Christmas trees. You can download the free printable templates for the pineapples, as well as templates for an orange / grapefruit and lemon / lime below, and you’ll need just a few basic supplies to make bunches of these sweet, tropical decorations!
Make 3D Paper Pineapple & Citrus Fruit Decorations
Here’s what you’ll need:
- colored paper ( I used Neenah Astrobrights Solar Yellow and Terra Green 24lb text weight paper)*
- the FREE printable templates for this project (download below)
- a Silhouette Cameo or similar digital die cutting machine OR, if you don’t have a die cutting machine, a printer and scissors to cut out by hand
- craft glue
- thread and a needle to make the hanger for the pineapple
* I recommend using text weight paper for this because cardstock is a bit too heavy and adds a lot of bulk to the finished project. It also makes assembly somewhat more difficult.