July and August are HUGE birthday months among my family and friends, so I always need some birthday cards to add to my stash around this time of the year.
These Foil Quill birthday cards were easy to make and only take about 6 minutes per card to Foil with a Silhouette Cameo and a speed setting of 4.
In the video below, I’ll show you how to set up the card design file in Silhouette Studio, Designer Edition, and we’ll make the eye-catching blue card above.
I used Blue Green Iridescent Go Press and Foil for the card, and I have to thank those of you who recommended this brand of foil to me because it’s a great price (usually under $3.00 US per roll) and works great with the Foil Quill. The cardstock that I used for this card is My Favorite Things After Midnight, which is a rich, deep blue.
In addition to the blue card, I made 3 cards with the same design file but different foils and cardstock. For the pink card, I used My Favorite Things Insulation Pink cardstock and We R Memory Keepers Rose Foil Quill Foil (from the Flamingo pack). For the krafty-ish colored card, I used Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and Spellbinders Copper Glimmer Foil. And for the final card I used Gina K. Black Onyx cardstock and We R Memory Keepers Gold Foil Quill Foil.
I used the same settings for all of the cards, and the results were excellent. Here are the settings that I used:
Speed : 4 // Force : 5 // Single Pass
Check out the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on making these easy Foil Quill birthday cards:
Supplies Used in This Project
The following supply list contains affiliate links. I make a small commission if you purchase through these links, and I really appreciate it if you do!
- Mandala #1 Foil Quill Sketch Files
- Birthday Foil Quill Sketch Files
- Silhouette Cameo 3 Electronic Cutting Tool
- Silhouette Studio, Designer Edition
- We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill, Fine Tip (Scrapbook.com)
- We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill, Fine Tip (Swing Design)
- Go Press and Foil / Couture Creations, Blue Green Iridescent *
- We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill Foil, Rose (from the Flamingo pack)
- Spellbinders Glimmer Foil, Copper
- We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill Foil, Gold
- My Favorite Things After Midnight Card Stock
- My Favorite Things Insulation Pink Card Stock **
- Neenah Desert Storm 80lb. Card Stock
- Gina K. Black Onyx 100lb. Card Stock
- Nicapa Cutting Mat for Silhouette Cameo
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
- washi tape (for taping the foil to the cardstock)
* Unfortunately, the site that I purchased this foil from no longer had it listed, so I linked to an Amazon listing, which is a higher price than you can find on these foils elsewhere. But prices on Amazon do fluctuate regularly, so it may be available at a better price when you see this post.
** MFT doesn’t seem to carry this color at this time, which is a real bummer because it’s one of my favorites. I believe that this color is the French Paper Insulation Pink (80lb. cover), so this is what I’ve linked to above.